Healthy drinks to enable healthy life, so when you eat, then you too deserve a green smoothie that is healthy and nutritious. Below is a way on how you can make yourself one.
Yield: 1 glass
- ½ cup Brussels sprouts.
- ½ cup spinach leaves
- ½ avocado
- 1 cup chopped kales leaves
- 1 medium sized green apple
- ½ cup filtered water
- ½ cup ice cubes
- Wash and prepare the greens
- Scoop out the avocado flesh. Discard the seed.
- Without peeling, core the apple and cut into 1-inch cubes.
- In a blender, mix kales , Brussels sprouts, spinach and filtered water until smooth.
- Add avocado, apple and ice cubes . Blend until smooth.
Add 1 teaspoon chia seeds for an added punch
Add1/2 cup broccoli or clover sprouts for extra green.
Green Smoothie fact
- Often overlooked as weight loss food, Brussels sprout contains more proteins than other green vegetables and rich in vitamin A,C,B1, B6, E and K. It is also a good source of dietary fiber, folic acid iron, and calcium.